Asleep at the Wheel, Ryan Chrys & The Rough Cuts
- We encourage all attendees to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Patrons feeling sick, having symptoms of COVID-19, having been in contact with person(s)who have COVID-19, tested positive for COVID-19, are in quarantine for anything in relation to COVID-19 should not attend.
- Continuing efforts in enhanced cleaning will continue with additional sanitizer stations, high touch point surface cleaning, and all other protocols required at the day of the event. As we all know, conditions can change rapidly and we are committed to ensuring the safety of our Communities to the best of our ability. Thank you for your continued support, and participation in this regard.
Pub Station Presents Concert at Red Oxx Events Lawn; Rules and Policies:
Weather: The concert will be held rain or shine. Be prepared for extremes such as heat, wind or rain. Dress accordingly, as the temperature may drop noticeably after sunset. No umbrellas please.
Smoking: NO smoking (cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, pipes, etc.) is allowed on Red Oxx Events Lawn grounds with the exception of the Smoking Area.
Photography: Cameras with removable lens, video cameras and recording devices are not allowed.
Food and Beverages: Food and beverages will be available for sale. No other food or beverages will be allowed.
Seating: No chairs allowed(ie. folding/camping/etc.).
No Re-Entry: Once you have entered through the gates, you may NOT exit and re-enter
• Chairs; any & all versions(ie. folding/camping/etc.)
• All large bags, cases, parcels and containers are subject to inspection upon entering the venue site.
• Alcoholic beverages
• Animals (exception for certified service animals)
• Bicycles, scooters, skates, Segway’s, golf carts or unauthorized means of transportation.
• Coolers or picnic baskets
• Distribution of unauthorized promotional or commercial material.
• Firework, explosives or any other incendiary devices.
• Glass or metal containers
• Aerosol cans or illegal substances
• Weapons of any kind, including guns, knives, pepper spray or handcuffs
• Items that may be deemed a safety hazard or annoyance to participants or guests (balls, frisbees, balloons, any type of projectiles, whistles, musical instruments, laser pointers, etc.
• Large umbrellas, tents or canopies
Asleep at the Wheel
Asleep at the Wheel landed a gig opening for Alice Cooper and Hot Tuna in Washington, DC in 1970. At the height of Vietnam, many Americans were using their choice of music to express their stance on the conflict in southeast Asia. “We wanted to break that mold,” said Benson. “We were concerned more with this amazing roots music, which we felt was being lost amid the politics. We were too country for the rock folks and we were too long-haired for the country folks. But everybody got over it once the music started playing.”
A year later, they were coaxed into moving to California by Commander Cody, leader of Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen. But, the band’s big break came when Van Morrison mentioned them in an interview with Rolling Stone “there’s some relatively unknown group around that I really dig. Asleep at the Wheel, they play great country music.” Van Morrison Rolling Stone Interview (1973). The record offers started coming in and The Wheel got rolling.
The musicianship of Asleep at the Wheel has become the stuff of legends. Reuter’s pegged The Wheel as “one of the best live acts in the business.” Taking a page from Bob Wills’ book, the band has constantly toured at a…