POSTPONED (Date TBD)
*POSTPONED-Date TBA*Corb Lund
CORB LUND – AGRICULTURAL TRAGIC – 2020 BIO
After a five-year hiatus, Corb Lund’s highly anticipated album, Agricultural Tragic, will be released April 24th, 2020 via New West Records.
Lund’s previous album, Things That Can’t Be Undone, produced by Dave Cobb (Sturgill Simpson, Jason Isbell), cemented his status as one of the best contemporary country singer/songwriters working today. NPR said “The album is a high mark of a long career” while Rolling Stone named him one of the “10 New Country Artists You Need to Know” stating, “Things That Can’t Be Undone finds Lund flirting in fresh sonic waters, while still keeping his sardonic mix of eerie lyrics and deceptively joyful vamps well intact.” PopMatters exclaimed, “Melodically engaging and narratively compelling, Things That Can’t Be Undone furthers the case for Corb Lund as one of the best contemporary country songwriters.” Lund’s seventh album, Cabin Fever, debuted at #1 on the Billboard Canadian Charts; three of his records have been certified Gold.
Agricultural Tragic is a record with instantly detectible depth and energy.
The album’s title is also the name of Lund’s self-applied subgenre. While examining his own body of work, he noticed and wryly named this larger narrative string of rural adversities. So-called “Ag-Trag” themes continue to feature prominently in Lund’s latest songwriting, thus leading him to choose Agricultural Tragic for the name of his 10th full-length studio album.
We begin the trail ride with a slightly dangerous sort of fun exemplified by its first track and single, “90 Seconds of Your Time.”
A punchy, real-life story of Lund expressing concerns to his militant mountain guide bent on murder after three mules and a mare mysteriously disappeared from their camp, this negotiation with bloodlust and revenge is a kickass country song, smartly placed at the head of the new collection of accessible Americana – including forays into rockabilly, Texas swing … and even some excellent cowboy poetry about unfortunate tattoos.
And while the album bubbles with familiar styles, it’s really rather more complicated than that. As Lund explains, “The stuff…
Pub Station Presents Concert at Red Oxx Events Lawn; Rules and Policies:
Weather: The concert will be held rain or shine. Be prepared for extremes such as heat, wind or rain. Dress accordingly, as the temperature may drop noticeably after sunset. No umbrellas please.
Smoking: NO smoking (cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, pipes, etc.) is allowed on Red Oxx Events Lawn grounds with the exception of the Smoking Area.
Photography: Cameras with removable lens, video cameras and recording devices are not allowed.
Food and Beverages: Food and beverages will be available for sale. No other food or beverages will be allowed.
Seating: No chairs allowed(ie. folding/camping/etc.).
No Re-Entry: Once you have entered through the gates, you may NOT exit and re-enter
• Chairs; any & all versions(ie. folding/camping/etc.)
• All large bags, cases, parcels and containers are subject to inspection upon entering the venue site.
• Alcoholic beverages
• Animals (exception for certified service animals)
• Bicycles, scooters, skates, Segway’s, golf carts or unauthorized means of transportation.
• Coolers or picnic baskets
• Distribution of unauthorized promotional or commercial material.
• Firework, explosives or any other incendiary devices.
• Glass or metal containers
• Aerosol cans or illegal substances
• Weapons of any kind, including guns, knives, pepper spray or handcuffs
• Items that may be deemed a safety hazard or annoyance to participants or guests (balls, frisbees, balloons, any type of projectiles, whistles, musical instruments, laser pointers, etc.
• Large umbrellas, tents or canopies